RE: Square peg?

To: "'MG list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Square peg?
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:14:18 -0600
> Will actually said "transmission oil filler".

Ah, ha, guess I better learn to read ...

Yes, Max is right on about the location of the fill hole and the
dipstick for the tranny; that is if the transmission is still the
correct one for the car.  I might suggest you don't put your finger
through the dip stick handle and expect to be able to pull out the
dipstick.  There is a possibility that you'll get your finger and the
dipstick stuck in the hole in the tunnel.  Not a pretty sight. (don't
laugh, I bet there are plenty of listers out there that faced a moment
of panic when they couldn't get there finger up or down...)

As far as the lubricant, I guess I could have made suggestions, but
didn't. The 20w 50 is just fine; but Max is right again that the 30w oil
is cheaper.  But if I were to make a suggestion I'd put in whatever you
put in the engine, it makes life simple.  I wouldn't worry to much about
the cost, I think it only holds about 2 quarts.

Larry Hoy