Re: Square peg?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Square peg?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 17:40:41 -0700
Will actually said "transmission oil filler". If he doesn't have a manual
for his car (which he should), he could look behind the dash center console
(where the radio is on a 69), and see if there is a largish rubber plug on
the top of the tunnel hiding under the carpet. Removing that, he might find
a dipstick handle.

I say "might" because I'm not sure about 69s. It would be true for Mark I
cars, but I know the top filler went away sometime before '77 -- I'm just
not sure when.

He could save a few nickels by using 30wt in the tranny. IMHO multigrade oil
is unnecessary -- the tranny doesn't have any tight oil passages where
temperature variations affecting viscosity would have an adverse effect. It
just splashes around in there.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149