RE: Metal Dash Refinishing

To: "'Dan DiBiase'" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Metal Dash Refinishing
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 20:06:28 -0500
Dan,

I rebuild wiper motors which often have a crinkle finish.

I typically use the paint without primer, but check what the can says.
It also helps immensely if you heat the part to be painted with a heat
gun or hair dryer both before and after painting. It helps the paint
cure and, if used sparingly, can be used to speed the crinkling in some
areas.

But the MOST IMPORTANT point is to be sure you have as even a layer of
paint as is humanly possible. Too thin and it won't crinkle, too thick
and it will crinkle too much. The paint must cure evenly in order to
give you a nice even finish.

Regards,
Lew Palmer

Behalf