RE: Exhaust system too hot?

To: "'Marc'" <smarc@abs.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Exhaust system too hot?
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:18:11 -0500
> muffler at the back of the car (yes it's loud, but temporary). I'm
> guessing this is because it's running too rich? Or do others actually
> run that hot?

Sounds like you definitely have a problem.  If it's because the autochoke
isn't shutting off completely, you can cause the cat to overheat enough to
cause a fire, even without the carb dropping gas on it...

The best thing to do is install a manual choke conversion.  However, if
there are other factors to your rich running, it of course won't solve
those.