Re: If it ain't fixed, don't brake it...

To: "Telewest (PH)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: If it ain't fixed, don't brake it...
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:13:40 -0600
Be real careful with air!!! Last night a mechanic friend was working on his
Citroen (some of you now know who this is) and needed to do this.  He
decided that 100# seemed reasonable so he let it rip, the pistons started to
come out so he put his thumb in to hold one piston still while the other
kept moving.  Once the second piston came out they crushed his thumb between
them and then cocked sideways in their bores.  He wound up with this thumb
pinned in between them and locked in place.  He was able to shift things
around a bit and yank his thumb out but along with many bad cuts his nail
now hinges in front.  I can tell you he was in a whole lot of pain all day.

If you have to do something use grease, it won't pressurize and shoot out,
it is a much more controllable movement.

james