Re: Rear shocks tube or lever?

To: schultejim@prodigy.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear shocks tube or lever?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:54:07 EDT
In a message dated 6/13/02 10:17:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
schultejim@prodigy.net writes:

> I'm contemplating switching from the tubes in my 1970B (Heritage body
> shell  circa 1990)
> to the original lever shocks. Reasoning, I installed a new set of
> springs and polyurethane bushings last summer along with Moss tube
> shocks.  I drove for several thousand miles with this set up and 40 lbs.
> of sand to help settle the springs.  It still has a bouncy ride and
> drives my wife and I crazy.  My 78B has tubes in the front and levers in
> the back and has a tremendous ride to it.  What do you people think?

- - - - - - - - - - -

Jim,

I have no experience with tube shox in an MG, but lever shox work very well
for street use.

Contact Peter C. at World Wide Auto Parts for the BEST advice and the BEST
quality rebuilt shox you can get ANYWHERE.  His prices are VERY reasonable.
Ask ANYBODY!!  Larry and I have his shox on our cars.
E-mail: nosimport@mailbag.com, phone: 800-362-1025

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget