Re: Audio questions

To: "Ryan Irwin" <ButterscotchB@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Audio questions
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 08:25:04 -0400
Aside from any "it's not original" concerns (which you are apparently
over), I don't know about a '72, but I put a DIN CD player in my 78, and
the only thing I had to do was find a file and square the opening a little
bit (30 seconds of filing but 5 minutes to actually find the file in the
garage).

The DIN (industry standard) fit perfectly, although I have spoken to
someone with a '69 who has had trouble getting theirs in because of the
heater cable.  In the '78 you have to move the heater cable away (it just
barely fits through).  Not sure if this is still a problem in the '72 or
not, but it might be because you have the older dash.

I've installed a lot too, as far as wiring goes, but I did have a problem
because apparently the DPO had *his* radio miswired, so on my newer
electronic CD player, every time I honked the horn the radio would reset.
:)  But that was specific to my vehicle.

I'd say the only thing that's a worry for you, if you have the older dash,
is whether or not you can get it in past the heater cable.

- Tab