WinSU v1.5 + long time no speak

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: WinSU v1.5 + long time no speak
From: scott beavis <sbeavis@solartronanalytical.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:14:27 +0100
Hi again guys and girls!

Been lurking on digest since October when we finally had to "buy a sensible
car" due to my girlfriend getting a new job. We still have the MG, but it is
not on the road at the moment and alas, we will probably be selling it soon.
Shame, as it is a lovely car, but we still owe my Dad 3 grand for it and he
keeps hinting that he could do with being paid back. If I can rustle up 3
grand I can keep the car, but we are in a small 2 bed house and now have 3
cars and one has to go. I have my mini still and Kim now has a Renault Clio
for work. The MG was put in the garage in October after the smoke from the
engine made it undrivable and I still havn't got round to sorting the engine
out. Some of you may remember it was smoking REALLY bad above 50mph. I found
lots of possible causes, including leaking OD oil and thought that was it,
but no, it still smoked. I followed Kim home in the clio when we bought it
and most of the smoke was coming out of the exhaust. I have therefore
diagnosed busted piston rings (major blowby too) and planned to remove the
head and sump pan over the winter and pop out the pistons. The engine was
also very rattly with low oil pressure so the bearings need replacing (110k
miles). Nine months later I have removed the rocker cover and that is about
it. Just not had the time. I desperately need to get on with it and get it
running again. The gearbox on my mini is getting very whiney and we can't
manage with 2 out of 3 cars off the road. I will crack on with the MG engine
this weekend hopefully and let you know what I find.

Another bit of info for you is that I have released v1.5 of the WinSU carb
needle software. It has many improvements and for you A-series (midget etc)
owners there is a new "Tell me the best needle for my engine" feature. I
hope to add B-series to this soon, but have hardly any info on which needles
people use for different specs. Also, most MGs are kept pretty standard in
the performance department. Mini owners tend to be more power hungry.

Go here
http://www.winsu.co.uk

cheers
Scott