Thanks everyone

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks everyone
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:42:10 -0400
I know this is again off topic, but I do want to thank everyone for the
emails/posts. I did not make my comments to gain support but I will
reconsider my leaving the list. I have always found it to be a great source
of information, but at times the lack of tolerence has verged on the point
of ridiculous. As a list member for over 2 years, I have made roughly 30-40
post. Not much by any standard. And when I or anyone else makes a post, even
OT, with the intent to HELP someone here, I think it is a shame when someone
can view that as bombarding the list. It has been my experience that if one
person has a problem, then there are usually several more with the same
problem that never ask for help. And in essence that is the purpose of this
list... to help others gain knowledge!

I am not an MG expert by any means, so I leave those answers up to the rest
of you. I do this for fear of giving out wrong informatiom. But I am an IT
professional, so I try to help in the computer/software areas, when I can.
The way I have always tried to look at this is that the list is like a
community. It should have a community fell to it, and tolerate those of us
who do not have such a narrow focus that anything non-MG related is deemed
uncalled for. I enjoy my MG, but I do not have to have a sanitized, MG
exclusive, environment for that enjoyment to manifest itself over and over
again.

Someone asked me to publish the name of the person who chastized me for my
earlier post. I don't want to do that because it will only start another
needless round of bashing. They know who they are and that is enough for me.
I have always respected this persons MG knowledge and found very informative
posts from them.

Enough said.

Greg Bass
'78 B