Re: shimmy

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shimmy
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:40:34 -0700
It sounds like you're on the right track. There is a bush in the steering
column up near the steering wheel end -- when I replaced mine it reduced the
side-to-side play considerably. The replacement is a nylon piece -- I think
the original is felt or something. It wasn't that difficult to replace, in
my case, but YMMV -- original steering wheels can be very difficult to
remove.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149