Re: Sump pan removal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sump pan removal
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:48:53 EDT
I was going to replace the sump gasket on my old roadster but sold it before
I had to bite that bullet.  Nonetheless, I read with interest advice on this
list about buying from Sears one of those single-piece sockets with a
u-joint--size 3/8", I think--for those troublesome bolts over the cross
member.
Bought the gasket, bought the socket, sold the car.
I also think the advice was to put a jack under the engine someplace to get
another 1/2" on so clearance.
Good luck.

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT