temperature gauge

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: temperature gauge
From: "Dave Sylvain" <grnmgb@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:20:01 -0400
The temperature gauge on my 72 B was reading lower than usual yesterday.
Today, the gauge dropped briefly from below "N" (lower than usual) to "C," and
then returned half way to "N."  I measured the water temperature at the top of
the radiator -- it was 180-190.  The wire between the sending unit and the
harness appears to be intact; however, after fiddling with the connection at
the sending unit, the gauge doesn't work at all.  Any ideas or suggestions for
troubleshooting this apparent malfunction in the temp gauge would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Dave Sylvain
72 B