Re: removal of clutch slave cyl

To: aschneider@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: removal of clutch slave cyl
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:57:28 -0400
Aubrey,
  All the original nuts should be hex nuts. A flat, square nut is not MG
equipment, so there is no telling what other differences there may be.
The color you see might be lock-tite or an equivalent product, or a glue.
  Since the rubber line ( you said "pipe" but it should be a rubber line
to the cylinder) is in your way, disconnect it at the other end of the
rubber line.  You need two wrenches there, one to hold and one to turn.
Avoid turning the rubber hose.
   Unless you know the age of the hose, might as well replace the thing.
They perish internally as they age, so sooner or later you will be
changing it anyway.  And, if you're going to replace it, go ahead and cut
the thing to get it out of your way now.
  Keep using the Liquid Wrench, or PBBlaster, or the penetrant from the
Harley Davidson shop to loosen the nuts. Tap with a hammer, apply more
fluid, tap again.    If this doesn't work, you might have to resort to a
torch, though that's not the preferred way when working under a car in
proximity to wiring and fuel & hydraulic lines.
Bob