removal of clutch slave cyl

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: removal of clutch slave cyl
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 06:21:32 -0700
I have sent this request before but somehow "an entity" unsubscribed me.
Now that I am back on line here it is again.

An extra observation: The nut is flat & square & appears to have brass
of something between the nut & the inlet to the slave. I was wondering
if that could be a glue?

Good morning from Vancouver, where summer has not really appeared.

I want to replace the starter on my 75B & the instruction from the
Haynes book, sounds simple enough. I however, struggled for over an hour
to try & loosen either nut, top or bottom but no luck.

I had done some research before I started & again turned to more
research when I couldn't get the nut to loosen.

I covered it with liquid wrench for 8 hrs prior to starting & again when
I was ready to remove one. The reason for the move of the clutch slave
cylinder, is to make enough room to lower the starter.

Would you please give me a tip(s) that I may have omitted. the car is
GHN5.
I have researched Haynes & others. Nowhere can I find any reference on
how to remove the slave cylinder nuts.

If I have missed something on the MG Experience or Haynes, please point
me in the right direction & I'll go from there. I have attempted to find
it in the archives but no luck.
BTW, I find gaining access to the archives difficult, at least to
me.

 BTW, I cannot use a socket wrench, as the cylinder pipe, blocks access
to the nut.

Thank you all.

Aubrey 75B

If you did respond,could I ask you to re-send your responses please &
thank you.