Re: How Much

To: DOUGLAS_RUSSELL@nyc.yr.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How Much
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 09:11:04 -0400
Doug,

When I bemoaned the fact that my MGB GT V8 build was costing more than a
new BMW my wife just smiled and offered me some of hers - not that we have
separate accounts but just ones for specific activities.  When I decided on
a leather interior, instead of vinyl, she said I was worth it!

So sell the wife and get a new one.

I have decided to add what I hope is some sage advice based on 38 glorious
years with my wife.  Everyone has to have their thing.  To some it is golf,
others it is boats, and we all know the car thing.  What wives sometimes
fail to realize is that men (and women) have to have a something beyond the
family life.  It could be a throw back of the restless hunter - or just the
sheer need of a break!  Furthermore, this thing could just as easily be
drinking, womanizing, or wife beating so perhaps a wise wife would
recognize her good fortune if her husband just wanted to mess around with a
relatively cheap car.  If you are providing her with the environment she
likes (being close to HER relatives) then she should joyously give you your
environment fiddling with your C.  I am quite sure you did not intend to
infer that your wife is a shrew - but it certainly looks like it

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net