All Original

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: All Original
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:50:25 -0400
How about this 1967 BGT.  "4 cylinders all original"

Can somebody explain to me the value of the statement "all original" and
why it is used in selling "classic" cars.

If I was buying a 1967 BGT - I would hope that it was NOT all original.

Original brake lines - no way
Original rotors - no way
Original calipers - probably rusting from the inside out
Original hood - probably not
Original tyres - probably dry-rotted many years ago
Original paint - probably looks pretty nasty by now
Original SU Carbs - probably gummed up and ready for a rebuild
Original fuel pump - probably last less than a week !!!!
Original fuel lines - carry a fire extinguisher
etc etc etc

gerry