Re: Polk Speakers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Polk Speakers
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:24:05 EDT
In a message dated 8/2/02 10:10:25 AM, spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo writes:

<< Jay, sorry if I convert to metric. Your spacer is about 1cm high BUT! what
brand and model speaker are you using? this so I can figure out  much space
I have  with mine. Thxs, Enrique. >>

Frankly, I forget.  But I had to do this with two different installations,
two different speaker sets.  And even if I gave you a brand name, there's a
decent chance the design has changed in the interim.
All I did was cut the hole, put the panel back into place with tape, then
held the speaker in place as the window was cranked up and down, moving it
out to a position that provided enough clearance, then found plywood to match
that space.  Remember, since the back of a speaker is a powerful magnet, you
need more than sliding clearance to keep it from snapping back, pulling the
panel with it, when the magnet hooks onto the window mechanism.
 One additional point...use semigloss (semi flat in some paints) or flat
black on the spacer so it recedes from view.