Re: Polk Speakers

To: spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo
Subject: Re: Polk Speakers
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 23:35:47 EDT
Enrique,
When I first sat in my MGB shortly before I bought her, the PO told me that
she'd put in an expensive and very good AM-FM-CD player, in fact so nice a
set that in order to fully appreciate the sound she would often have to pull
over and just sit and listen to the music. Hmmmm, I don't think I've played
the daggone thing more than a couple of times...once to hear the final NBA
play-off game between the Lakers and NJ. Another time to try to find out the
road conditions on a stretch of freeway that looked pretty dicey up ahead.
But as far as sounds, I feel much more secure listening to the engine and any
road sounds, like a car horn or police siren than any recorded music. I've
always thought that the 2 door speakers were fine for balance & separation,
who needs wrap around surround sound in a such a small environment anyway?
VRRROOOmmm..VARROOMM!! (Not BOOM-BOOM!)
Albert Escalante
1978 MGB;1977 Jaguar XJ6-Lump
Central Coast British Car Club (Ca.)