Re: Interior light

Subject: Re: Interior light
From: "Jon Årikstad" <jaarik@online.no>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 23:21:03 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Telewest (PH)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
<mgs@autox.team.net>

> The purple/white for the front doors/courtesy/map light should be
completely
> independant to that for the boot/trunk/GT load space.
>
> The purple shouldn't go the ignition switch, it is an always hot
wire fused
> off the brown in the main fusebox in the engine compartment (bottom
fuse in
> the 4-way fuseboxes).  It supplies the horns, brake pressure failure
system
> and cigar lighter as well as the courtesy/map/boot/tunk lights and
main-beam
> flasher.
>
> It is forbidden to cheat, only the purple at the rear should have a
> permanent 12v.  Unless the body loom is damaged somewhere maybe the
bullet
> connector near the firewall is not connected properly or one of the
four
> purples at the fusebox is missing or not connected.

I will look for a damaged bullet connector. I have found and replaced
a few.

As i tried to explain ( remember I'm Norwegian), three purple wires at
the fuse box, one to the ignition switch - working OK, one to the
'light/horn at the steering wheel - working OK, and the last one that
probably goes to the rear. I have disconnected it, everything still
works. And the purple/white is a separate wire.

Biri autojumble tomorrow, have to get up early. Sleep well.

RGDS
Jon Arikstad
PS
I may cheat, and put a new wire from the fuse box to the rear, .....