Re: Interior light

To: Jon Årikstad <jaarik@online.no>,
Subject: Re: Interior light
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:13:20 +0100
The purple/white for the front doors/courtesy/map light should be completely
independant to that for the boot/trunk/GT load space.

The purple shouldn't go the ignition switch, it is an always hot wire fused
off the brown in the main fusebox in the engine compartment (bottom fuse in
the 4-way fuseboxes).  It supplies the horns, brake pressure failure system
and cigar lighter as well as the courtesy/map/boot/tunk lights and main-beam
flasher.

It is forbidden to cheat, only the purple at the rear should have a
permanent 12v.  Unless the body loom is damaged somewhere maybe the bullet
connector near the firewall is not connected properly or one of the four
purples at the fusebox is missing or not connected.