installing a radio

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: installing a radio
From: William Killeffer <wkilleff@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 20:20:17 -0400
Hello listers,
I'm trying to install an inexpensive radio in my 74 MGB. I used to have it
wired to the battery as the po had relocated the battery to the trunk. I put
the battery where it belongs and would like to have a cleaner installation
than running wires back to the trunk or battery box. If possible, I would
like for the radio to shut off with the ignition. The Haynes manual shows
the radio wiring into the same wires as the winshield washer pump, but that
doesn't make sense to me, and I can't find an easy way to do this. Also, has
anyone installed speakers in the door panels of a 74 or similar model? I
tried to search the archives for these topics but they don't seem to be
working.
Thanks in advance,
-William Killeffer