RE: Shock Link Replacement

To: Larry Hoy <list@marketvalue.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shock Link Replacement
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 08:49:24 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks, Larry, good idea re: the vice grips. There is a little nub of the
rod sticking out, as the nut actually turns on the rod about 1/8 of the
way before the entire rod starts to turn... Yes, it's the 3/4" nut... I
had planned to use the anti-seize as well! Re: the rubber, once I smelled
it, I shifted the flame away so it wasn't really damaged, just smelly (I
hope!).

Looks like no time to work on it today, though, have visitors arriving in
about an hour and it is incredibly hot again here today. I can't afford to
lose much more weight from sweating or I might be within 20 pounds of the
ideal weight for my height!!

--- Larry Hoy <list@marketvalue.net> wrote:
> Dan this is the 3/4" nut isn't it?
>
> Soaking is good, and what I've done in the past is use long nose vice
> grips to hold the 'rod' from moving while I turn the nut.
>
> By the way, save yourself some grief in the future (don't become your
> own DPO).  Use liberal amounts of anti-seize on all nuts and bolts.  I
> just took the same nut you are talking about off my car yesterday.  I
> didn't need the vise grips, just a wrench.  But when I assembled it
> previously I used anti-seize.
>
> Unfortunately the heat may have damaged the rubber.  Someday you'll be
> writing this list asking about a strange clunking sound from the rear of
> your car....
>
> Larry Hoy

=====
Dan DiBiase