MGB spinon filter adapters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB spinon filter adapters
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 12:51:26 -0700
To shorten a story that I could stretch out to epic length.

I got my '69 MGBGT running Friday night. She ran beautifully, but had
a couple of details that needed to be fixed. I fixed them, drove her
to a friends house for breakfast. She was really running nice. I had a
birthday party to go to, decided to drive the MG. I got two miles up
the road and noticed that my oil pressure read 0psi. It was dumping
from the back of the spin on filter adapter. The bolt was just a
little bit loose, so I tried tightening it.

*crack*

Investigation this morning shows that the aluminum oil filter adapter
is busted (fortunately not the block).  Which adapter to people
prefer, the one with the filter below, where it  is a little harder to
get to, or the one with the filter above where it can make a bit of a
mess when you change oil.

Also, does anybody in, or near santa cruz have a filter adapter for an
MGB that I can buy, or "borrow" until BMS is open, so I can drive my
MG with the new paintjob, motor and transmission on this beautiful
sunny day?

   Larry
   lrc@red4est.com
   831-818-7729

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.