Re: Numbers, paint colors, etc.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Numbers, paint colors, etc.
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 16:22:16 -0500
On Wednesday, August 7, 2002, at 03:21 AM, Telewest ((PH)) wrote:

> The MGBU number is the body number and is of little use, except that the
> MGBU indicates a North American MkII.  The simplest way to get the
> *original* engine number is to pay for a Heritage certificate quoting the
> car/chassis/VIN number.  The certificate *may* also include the original
> commission number.  However the engine may not be original, and for that
> matter maybe the car number isn't either.  But that is a risk we all have
> live with.

Thanks for the info.  I'll look into a "Heritage certificate".  Didn't
realize all that info was available on a certificate.  I wish it was
available online, but then, they couldn't sell certificates. :)
In the same vein as buying a load of groceries and having the total come to
a nice, even number, my car number sounds kind of fake.  I'll have to check
the other locations for it to be sure a PO didn't take a bought badge down
to "Joe Sikspak's Engraving and Tropical Fish Sales" and make up a number.

Kevin