Silicone Fluid

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Silicone Fluid
From: Rick1huber@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:26:07 EDT
Barrie,

I switched to Dot 5 silicone fluid when I restored my 75 B and put in the V8
engine.  Just the fact that using silicone fluid with a new paint job was
worth it to me.  Yes, of course I've spilled fluid, and no problem with the
paint, whereas on my 68 B, where the fluid dripped left a scar on the paint.
I've also had another B where a hole rusted through the brake piping.
Fortuntately it started squirting out in my driveway and not on the freeway.
Silicone doesn't absorb moisture, so no worries about corrosion (assuming
your system is clean and dry when you put it in).

Safety Faster....with a V8,

Rick