Oil Pressure questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure questions
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:38:13 -0700
Having run the engine out of oil due to the oil leak, I'm hyper
paranoid right now and have some questions.

1) What sort of oil pressures do people see on their motors cold, warm
   and hot and at what RPM?

2) At what pressures should someone be worried.

3) Will a cross drilled crank lower the apparent oil pressure because
   the oil is spending more time flowing and less time blocked?

When my motor is cold, I'll see 50 psi at idle, and it will go to 75
psi at anything over about 2,000 RPM.  When it is warm it idles at
30-35 psi and hits 75 psi bya botu 3,000 RPM. When it is hot, it idles
at 20-25 psi and at 3,500-4,000 RPM will be running 60-65 psi. At
2,500 -3,000 rpm it runs about 50psi.

I'm just going to keep my eye on it over time and see what happens,
but I'd like to get a baseline from other cars to compare against.

thanks,
  larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.