Replacing wire wheel hubs. Pointers and tips wanted.

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacing wire wheel hubs. Pointers and tips wanted.
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 20:40:36 -0600
After learning how and inspecting the splines on my wire wheels hubs
(and wheels) are more worn then I think they should be.

Soon I am going to be replacing my wheels and hubs.  I have my Haynes
and factory manuals, and will read them on how to do the job, so I'm
not looking for a step by step.  (Read one already)

I have replaced non wire wheel bearings (That chevette in highschool
taught me a few things.) before.

What I am looking for is pointers and things to watch as well as tips
that are not going to be evident to me as a first timer with my wires
off.

Please tell me about the great ways to do it, or things I should do as
maintenance while I have them apart.

Or things I am going to hate, like getting those stinking e-clips on
the rear wheel cylinders back on, or getting those three bolts in the
transmission stabilizer back in.

I hope to get this done in the next few weeks, so I need to order
parts, etc...

Thanks!

--
Andrew Lundgren