computer problem

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: computer problem
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 00:34:14 -0500
Start up in "safe-mode".  Hit the F8 key just before the Windows screen
comes up
when you start you computer.
It may take a couple of attempts..mine goes so fast I miss it 1st time
'round.
The stuff on the bottom bar of your desk top has mind of it's own and
sometimes
interferes w/ the scan.  I just did this 2 days ago and that is what I
was told.
It may still give you the message, but if you hit cancel it will
continue until
finished.  It took mine 3 hrs. for C and D drives.  Drive the LBC while
you wait!
Good luck,
Dave (not a computer guru, so I'll settle for $500)
'59 :{)
'59 MGA 1500
"Hey, we're all in this together" (Red Green)

MonteMorris wrote:

> Wanted:
> Computer Expert. Will pay millions of dollars.......
>
> I've tried several times to run ScanDisk (it's been 174 days) and I
keep
> getting a error message something like "Scan disk has restarted 10
times. Some
> other program is trying to write to your computer. Close programs and
retry".
> I've closed everything but Windows and no luck.
> Can I start up in DOS mode and then run Scan Disk. If so, once I'm in
DOS what