Re: oil filtre study & vinyl top repairs

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: Re: oil filtre study & vinyl top repairs
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:22:12 +0100
When I first had my roadster the top would fold without removing any of the
rear fasteners and without putting any stress on the material.  Very handy
for pulling up the top while underway, and a friends was exactly the same.
However I couldn't get the full length tonneau cover over the hood far
enough to snap onto the heelboard.  When I had the car stripped for
restoration I studied the hood frame and discovered that by bending one
piece each side slightly the frame now drops right down and the tonneau
cover fastens just fine.  However I now cannot lower the hood with the rear
fasteners fastened as it *does* stress the material.  Ce'st la vie.