oil filtre study & vinyl top repairs

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil filtre study & vinyl top repairs
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:39:14 -0700
Hello Listers,
I've been back for a while & lurking. I thought while the subject of oil
filtres was still warm, maybe the oil filter study would come in handy.
It appears on:
http://www.frankhunt.com/FRANK/corvette/articles/oilfilterstudy/oilfilte.
Very, very comprehensive.

My question is:
While I have been as careful as I can be when opening or closing the
vinyl top on my 75B, I notice small tears appearing on the driver side
quarter panel. Passenger side is fine. Any thoughts on how to stop the
tears. I have studied the manual on opening & closing the top,so unless
I'm misreading, I'm following it accurately.
Is it better to remove the metal bar that attaches to the clips at the
rear of the car?

Thanks in advance

Aubrey 75B
BTW, the holiday on Hornby island was excellent. The weather co-operated
as did the wife. When you have those two working for you, camping can be
highly enjoyable!