Re: Stutter, cough, splutter

To: "Eric" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stutter, cough, splutter
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:41:16 -0600
Now just imagine what the filter on the end of the pickup inside the tank
looks like!

I have a theory for you.  If you remember my earlier description, the filter
is not serviceable.  You may be able to pull the sender, and reach in with a
long tool and tear the internal filter apart (it is a plastic screen like
the universal glass filter types).  After doing this I would put a large
filter before the pump.  This may save you from having to open the tank up
to get at that filter.  Or you could just buy a new tank for the $180US or
whatever going rate is now.  Lastly, a radiator shop can boil it out, but I
don't know how well that would work, perhaps they could advise you.

good luck
james