Re: MG owner confession:

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG owner confession:
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 18:56:28 -0700
I actually don't understand those who object to the looks of a Miata. It
looks like a Lotus Elan -- how bad can that be? I liked both the original
and the new version.

On the other hand, while all SUVs are ugly, that Aztek has got to be the
fugliest, silliest, most over-decorated and unbalanced-looking of the lot
(with the Chevy Avalanche running second). As to its driving qualities, I
have no idea. But I feel I would be risking my reputation as a designer
being caught in any Pontiac of the last dozen years -- ribbed appliques
might be functional on prophylactics but are ludicrous excrescences on
automobiles (or even "light trucks", in the conventional fiction). We like
to refer to Pontiacs as "Klingon Chevies"...

... but you didn't ask for my opinion <g>...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149