Re: Replacing dash

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacing dash
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:27:29 -0700 (PDT)
Larry Colen SEZ -
> I've always disliked the padded dash in my '69 BGT. I'll probably end
> up just fabricating a new dash, but it would probably be a lot easier
> if I had an early dash to start with, either to build off of, or at
> least to use as a model.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear this.  I always thought that the
"Abingdon Pillow" was the best-looking and most functional MGB
dashboard, at least from the driver's perspective.  Nice gauge
layout (ie, oil pressure gauge where it should be, front and center,
not off in the next county like on my MGA), useful console, etc.
Just curious to know what you think are its undesirable features,
that you'd go to the radical step of making your own.

--
David Breneman                   |  "Advice is somethin' the
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |   other feller can't use,