Commute Ride Thursday August 22, Redwood City to Ben Lomond

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Commute Ride Thursday August 22, Redwood City to Ben Lomond
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:07:28 -0700
I'm instigating what is nominally a motorcycle ride, but have decided
to expand the invitation to sportscar affcianados (as the same roads
are great for both) next week.

Meet in the parkinglot of at the corner of Woodside Road (hwy 84) and
Bay in Redwood City at 6:45PM.  We will meet someplace between the
Denny's and the Longs. We will leave the parking lot at 7:00 PM, ride
up hwy 84 to skyline. Turn left at "Allices", ride south on 35 to Hwy
9, then turn right on hwy 9.  Just south of Ben Lomond, on the right
is Ciao Bella. We'll get there about 8:30 PM (it's normally about a 1
hour ride, but I'm leaving some slop in the schedule for stopping to
enjoy the view, letting slower riders catch up etc.)

If you will be looking for a passenger, or a ride, make sure that you
are there by 6:45. We'll be the confused looking group of people with
motorcycles in the "southeast" corner of the parkinglot.

Who is invited?  Anybody that likes to ride motorcycles, or ride on
motorcycles, drive sportscars, ride in sportscars, or go out to eat
with a bunch of fun people.

What will it cost? The last time we did this we tended to splurge at
dinner and with dinner, appetizers, desserts etc. it ran about $30 a
person.

RSVPs:

In order for me to make reservations, it would help if you RSVP'd at
least a day before the ride to lrc@red4est.com. Please have the phrase
"commute ride" in the subject of the email. Please also let me know if
you'll be riding a bike, driving a car, looking for a ride, or have
room (and/or helmet) for passenger(s).

If there are any last minute changes, or problems, I'll send a note to
the people who RSVP'd.

--
How to tell you're talking to an engineer #37: Not only will he not
give you a yes or no answer, he'll quantify how unsure he is.