'80 MGB Brakes (first project)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '80 MGB Brakes (first project)
From: "Rory Danner" <Rory@DannerFamily.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:46:25 -0400
Well.. I am starting my first MGB project.

I'm guessing the master cylinder for the clutch is hosed.

The reservoir was full before I even started. Pedal goes to the floor
with no resistance. Bleeding just drips a little fluid as does cracking
open the line near the slave cylinder. The slave looks new, or nearly
new fwiw. I'm planning to get a rebuild kit for the slave & master
cylinders.

In the bigger scheme of things... I want this to be my daily driver. The
factory electronic ignition has been replaces by points. I'd like to
switch that back. Also, the car came with a couple SU's and the intake
manifold for them. Is it a good idea to switch to dual SU's (from the
Zenith-Stromberg).

Is there a good newbie book for MGB maintenance? Is there an archive for
this list so I don't bore you all with the same old questions?

Rory (always the one who fetched the wrench)