RE: Synthetic Motor Oil

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Synthetic Motor Oil
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:05:20 -0400
I've been using Mobil 1 15w50 in both my MG's for years and have not
experienced any additional leaks.  I still change oil every 3k miles or so,
which may be unnecessary, but it gives me greater peace of mind.  I also use
synth in my Audis and change every 5k or so (which is still 2500 miles less
than mfg recommendation).
Works for me, but of course, YMMV.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA
80 MGB

Now that synthetic is avaliable in 20W50, I'm tempted to try it in the old
MG. But, I've heard horror stories about the stuff going like sh*t through a
goose on an old motor. What say the wisdom of the list?