Re: archives e-mail address

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Re: archives e-mail address
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:03:23 -0400
It'll only become a lost symbol if we allow it to.  Waving/flashing/beeping has
been shared by sports car drivers for a very long time.  In the 50's there was
somewhat of a pecking order, i.e., the driver of the lower status car (read $$$)
usually was expected to be the first to wave.  For instance a TD driver would
wave to an XK120 driver, who would return the wave. Unfortunately, 'sports cars'
have been mongrelized over the past decades and these courtesies no longer hold.
In those days Porsches were sportscars, rather than status symbols.

My TD wouldn't forgive me if I snubbed another sportscar within sight.  But you
have to expect me to wave or honk the horn.  There is no simple method of
flashing the lights on a TD.  Quick moves in that direction generally result in
turning off the ignition.

Bud Krueger
52TD