Optimal temperature, radiator cap, etc.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Optimal temperature, radiator cap, etc.
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:14:59 -0700
Now that I have a "calibrated" temperature guage, and have some idea
as to what temperature my car is actually running at, the next
question is, what temperature *should* it run at?

There are two sides to this question: What is the stock thermostat
specs?

and

What temperature has later been found to work the best?

At the moment, unless I'm running hard, or stuck idling in traffic,
she's staying down around 130 - 140 F.  Could this also explain why my
heater/defroster seems so wimpy. The water is not warm enough to do
much.

Likewise, what pressure of radiator cap do people reccomend?
I think that stock is about 10psi.

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.