Re: London's Calling

To: mgrick@mgcars.org.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: London's Calling
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:03:22 EDT
In a message dated 8/13/02 1:55:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mgrick@mgcars.org.uk writes:

> then on Monday we will be at Beaulieu (correct spelling
> :) ) - maybe we will run into you there.  Tuesday we will be at Brooklands
> and Wednesday at Abingdon/Oxford/Gaydon, Thursday at Stratford upon
> Avon/Warwick Castle/Cambridge and back

Just got back.  WOW!!.  Probably did pass you at Beaulieu.  We were there
Monday.  The kid's [including the big one :-)] loved the James Bond boat
display.  Much time on the go cart track for the two little ones, then the
museum.  The 1908 RR Silvor Ghost was all prepped up for a wedding- very
nice!  I entered the raffle for the TF they were giving away.  What will I do
if I win that one...?!?

We toured Abingdon on Friday, had lunch in a little inn off the Thames,
stopped at theMG Car Club late, took the obligatory picture under Kimber's
office window.  Warwick Castle was Saturday -- good timing too as there was a
medievil tournamant and joust going on the castle grounds (complete with the
dastardly black knight, damsels -- the works!!)

Then Bath (I stopped off at an MG dealer on the south side of town, across
the Avon.  I would definetly purchase the estate and get rid of the Ford
Explorer, and the new TF), and a stop off at Stonehenge on the way down to
the New Forest (what a beautiful area!).  We stayed in Lyndhurst - got there
Sunday evening.  As I was sitting out in front of the B&B, I noticed a
surprising number of Jaguars - all models and vintages -- going by.  Turns
out there was some kind of club event at the museum grounds.  For almost two
hours, I sat out front, enjoyed a cigar, and watched XK 120's, 140's & 150's
(fhc and dhc) Mark I's, II's IV's, e-types of all kinds.  It was like a
private parade of Coventry's finest.

Wrapped up with a nice dip in the Solent, then a horseback ride in the Forest,

Definitely had a blast, and will certainly do it again some day (soon).

  Now it's off to take the covers off my own MG's, aqnd drive on the correct
side of the road for a while...!!!

Steve in NJ