Re: FW: fuse box (was Re: Weirdo electrical problem)

To: doddk@mossmotors.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: fuse box (was Re: Weirdo electrical problem)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:05:31 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/02 3:56:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

> Note:  I have nothing against modifying the cars, and if you are running
> high power radios or other aftermarket equipment a thorough rehab of the
> original systems is a good idea.  But if you are using the car as
> originally
> intended, the original electrical system and components still work well,
> and
> are going to maintain the cars value.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I agree, Kelvin.  I suggested it to those who use their car more than just
show it.  I did this to mine because I will eventually be adding driving
lights and probably my rally computer.  I use the car for TSD rallys.  My
Midget is not an original car.  It has been desmogged and has a Weber carb,
all done before I bought it.

There is nothing wrong with a proper Lucas fuse block (in good condition) for
a fun car, and an original fuse block is a must for a show car.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"