More Progress....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More Progress....
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:36:10 -0700 (PDT)
5 down, 1 to go on my shock link/rebound strap replacement "project" on
the '76 B... I was able to remove the nut on the driver's side rebound
strap stud (one attached the the axle) - this one was stripped. I ended up
using my Dremel to cut a slot in the nut, then split it with a
screwdriver. Turns out the stud has a slightly narrowed, threadless spot
in it, which is where the nut was stuck. It almost looks like the stud was
stretched a bit and thinned out, although I haven't measured it compared
to the one on the other side... At any rate, that one is off. The last one
left is the bolt that holds the upper end of the shock link to the damper
arm. That one is going to be hack-sawed, I think... It appears to be a
solid hunk of rust - you can't tell the washer from the nut from the bolt!
Tonight's project... The good news is, is that this project has taken me
through the really hot/humid weather - it's beautiful here now!

=====
Dan DiBiase
The Garden State (What Exit?)
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)