Re: Wire front hub spacer questions

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire front hub spacer questions
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:00:25 +0100
MG always specified shimming and fully tightening the hubs, whatever other
manufacturers might say for their applications.  They take account of
variations in your hubs independantly (although IME changing the bearings
resulted in the same shims, I assume because the bearings are manufactured
to tighter tolerances than some other parts of the hub).  Have a look at
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk and click on 'Spanners' and 'Hubs', might help.
Not a micrometer but a dial gauge, but if you don't have one the above
explains how to do it anyway.