RE: racing tire temps

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.cx>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: racing tire temps
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:30:57 -0400
I suspect it would.  A friend is using a Raytek Minitemp (do a google search
for places to buy), an infrared 'gun', for just that.  I (an another guy)
thought it was so cool we got one, @$90US.
I've used it on my tires (not race) to check pressures by the temps on the
inside vs both outside edges of the tread.  Also good to double check your
temp gauge by pointing it at various parts of the head. Good up to @ 500deg
F.  For example, the screen I am typing on is 99deg F.  The heater box in
the pass compartment in the A is 128deg, ouch!
Of course, YMMV.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA