Opened Front Caliper, now - Flush & Bleed

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Opened Front Caliper, now - Flush & Bleed
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 07:54:16 -0400
The recent post re. opened front caliper brought this to mind.

As a racer, I flush & bleed my brake system yearly.  Brake shops recommend
that a flush & bleed be done every other year for street-driven cars.   This
removes the contaminants that cause many problems.  And, brake fluid has a
tendency to absorb moisture.  So, flushing the old fluid out gets rid of all
of that non-compressible, low-boiling point stuff.

Speaking of racing, see you at Lime Rock next weekend.  If I can work out
the logistics, and the weather cooperates, I'll bring the Turner too.  But,
not to race.  Only racing the B until I get the engine running right in the
Turner.

Norm Sippel
MGB #477 -