Re: MOSS or VB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MOSS or VB
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:33:37 -0500
I'm not partial either way.  I'm buying from quite a few companies.  I can
tell you this though.  VB is often cheaper, but Moss has a better catalog.
   For example, a replacement dash face for a '68 MGB in the VB catalog is
listed as "Dash Face Replacement" and that's all.  The Moss catalog not
only lists it as "Dash Panel Cover", but gives an explanatory paragraph
telling of its OE looks and its installation.  Both are probably the exact
same part, and perhaps I'm just a gullible victim of good marketing, but
unless I were told otherwise by someone with experience, I would be hard
pressed to not buy the Moss part--even though its $10 higher.  When I'm
repetitively spending hundreds on parts, I guess I just need the extra few
words of reassurance that I'm not going to be getting something that looks
like it came from J.C. Whitney or that company that travels around selling
junky Chinese tools.

Plus, Moss' bonus sale circular, cleverly disguised as a magazine, is
excellent.  If it weren't for that, I would probably have never known about
the Lotus Elite.

Kevin Smith
'68 MGB Roadster (under restoration)
'72 MGB Roadster (rust growth experiment)