RE: MOSS or VB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MOSS or VB
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:50:03 -0500
> My experience, though limited to 5 years or so with my MG, is that the
> people at Moss know what screws are.  The same can not always be said
> of the people at VB.  Let alone screws that go in cars with wheels.

Well, a recent order of head nuts from Moss resulted in my receiving some
small bolts with the nut part number written on the baggie.  Obviously
whoever replenished stock didn't put things in the correct bin, and whoever
picked it didn't look at the part description closely.

But regardless, Moss has always done very well by me.  They've always been
very generous in their support of club-related events.  We're only a couple
hundred miles away from VB, and I've never seen their presence at any of our
events.

As has been mentioned by others, VB's catalog is full of hype and products
of questionable taste (like the horns that play your choice of musical
tunes...).  I keep expecting them to start carrying LED tire valve caps...