Re: Question about "Redline" could be off topic

To: joseph cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Question about "Redline" could be off topic
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:42:34 -0400
Joseph,

    I'm guessing that you're referring to their 'water-wetter' product.  That
type of substance is found in all popular anti-freezes.  You'd really gain
nothing by arbitrarily adding it to your radiator.  You'd be better off by
draining the cooling system and refilling it with a fresh batch at a 50/50
ratio.  I've opened myself up arguments by suggesting 50/50, but I think its a
good optimization for raising the boiling point as well as lowering the freezing
point.  But, as they say, YMMV.
Don't forget to check your owner's manual.

Bud Krueger
52TD (w/50-50)