Re: Desmogging a 79

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Subject: Re: Desmogging a 79
From: Chris Thompson <chris-mg@cthompson.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:22:31 -0400
Andrew B. Lundgren (lundgren@byu.net) wrote:
> The air rail was N/A for a long time.  If you don't need it, I would
> give it away or sell it here or on ebay rather than destroy it for
> $2.00 worth of screws...  I would it goes for around $50 new as some
> people do need them.

The air rail on my desmogged 74 is actually still fully intact and in
place. Some DPO found some sort of cap that has screwed on to the tail end
of the rail to plug it. I can only hope that it was the right thread. If
it's in good shape, I'll definitely sell the beast.
Chris Thompson
1974 MGB Chrome Bumper Roadster