Re: Running roughly and blowing blue smoke....

To: "Tony Sheehan" <multitech@cairns.net.au>
Subject: Re: Running roughly and blowing blue smoke....
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:15:29 -0400
Tony,
        As I understand (not being  engine experienced at all), blue smoke is
oil.
A blown head gasket means water gets into cylinders and becomes steam (ie.,
white smoke).  You should have seen the white smoke screen down the road
when I blew a head gasket on my Caravan. Just like out of the WWII
movies...       Boy, was I embarrassed.

        Rings?, valves? is my guess. Let's see what the knowledgeable ones say.

Bill
'76B