RE: V8 Bushings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: V8 Bushings
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:13:07 -0500
> A-arm pivot. The rotational movement is obtained by the flexing of the
> rubber inside the A-arm. This, of course, is why it is

<snip>

> I hope this is clearer than it sounds upon re-reading it......

Clear explanation Lawrie.  However, this whole aspect of suspensions has
never made much sense to me.  Don't I want my shocks and springs to be the
sole restriction in my suspension motion, and my bushings to merely locate
my suspension components and provide some level of isolation?  And if all of
the motion in the arm is supposed to be taken up by shear forces in the
bushing, why is it that poly bushes are prone to squeaking if not
sufficiently lubed?

If anyone can clear this up for me, I'd be appreciative.